Peer-reviewed Journal Articles
1. Ke, S. & Koda, K. (2017a). Is vocabulary knowledge sufficient for word meaning inference? An investigation of the role of morphological awareness in adult L2 learners of Chinese. Applied Linguistics. DOI: 10.1093/applin/amx040
2. Ke, S. & Koda, K. (2017b). Contributions of morphological awareness to adult L2 Chinese word meaning inferencing. The Modern Language Journal, 101 (4), 742-755. DOI:10.1111/modl.12428
3. Ke, S. & Chan, S-D. (2017c). Strategy use in L2 Chinese reading: The effect of L1 background and L2 proficiency. System: An
International Journal of Educational Technology and Applied Linguistics, 66, 27-38.
4. Ke, S. & Tucker, G. R. (2015a). Unleavened cakes: An overview of second language Chinese education for South Asian students in Hong Kong. K-12 Chinese Language Teaching (online open access). Retrieved from: http://clta-us.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Unleavened-Cakes-L2-Chinese-Education-for-South-Asian-Students-in-Hong-Kong.pdf
5. Ke, S., & Xiao, F. (2015b). Cross-linguistic transfer of morphological awareness between Chinese and English. Language Awareness, 24(4), 355-380.
6. Ke, S. & Koda, K. (2018a). Developing reflective learners in Chinese as a foreign language in the U.S. In K. Koda & J. Yamashita (Eds.), Reading to Learn: An Integrated Approach to FL Teaching and Assessment (pp.192-210). Routledge.
7. Koda, K. & Ke, S. (2018b). Advanced reading proficiency in collegiate foreign language learners. In P. A. Malovrh & A. Benati (Eds.), The Handbook of Advanced Proficiency in Second Language Acquisition (pp.483-504). Wiley-Blackwell.
8. Ke, S. (invited/2015c). The Routledge intermediate Chinese reader. The Modern Language Journal, 99 (3), 619-620.
9. Ke, S. (2014). Bilingualism in schools and society: language, identity, and policy. International Journal of Bilingual Education and Bilingualism, 17 (6), 718-721.
Publications in Chinese
10. Koda, K. & Ke, S. (invited, 2018c). 一语在二语阅读发展中的促进作用 [L1-induced facilitation in L2 reading development]. 国际汉语教学研究 [ Journal of International Chinese Teaching], 18(2), 40-48.
11. Koda, K. & Ke, S. (invited, 2018d). 外语教学与评估：以读促写法 [An integrated approach to FL teaching and assessment]. 国际汉语教学研究 [ Journal of International Chinese Teaching], 18(3), 37-45.
12. Koda, K. & Ke, S. (invited, 2018e). 外语词语习得能力 的培养 [Promoting vocabulary learning competence in a foreign language]. 国际汉语教学研究 [ Journal of International Chinese Teaching], 18(4), 36-40.
Manuscripts Under Review/In Progress
13. Koda K., Zhang, H., & Ke, S. (under review). Integrated Communication (IC) skills approach to FL classroom assessments: Chinese as a foreign language. Language Assessment Quarterly.
14. Ke, S. & Yu, Y. (under review). Tracking changes in compound word learning in adult L2 Chinese learners. In F. Xiao (contracted), Second Language Chinese Development: A Longitudinal Perspective. Lexington Books.
15. Ke, S. (under review). “唔该定多谢”?在初级粤语课中融入方言文化教学 ["Ng goi or Do ze"? Integrating dialect and culture in an elementary Cantonese class.] In G. Liu & H. Wang (contracted), 传统与现代：海外中文文化教学 [Tradition and transition: teaching Chinese culture overseas]. Peking University Press.