L2 reading research
Keywords: cross-linguistic transfer, morphological awareness, Chinese and English
Reviewed by S. Ke & F. Xiao (2015) in Language Awareness:
L2 Chinese pedagogy (ongoing)
1. Xing, J. (2010). Pronunciation. In Xing, J. (Ed.), Teaching and Learning Chinese Foreign Language: A pedagogical Grammar (pp.87-100). Hong Kong University Press.
2. Godfroid, A., Lin, C. H., & Ryu, C. (2017). Hearing and seeing tone through color: An efficacy study of web‐based, multimodal Chinese tone perception training. Language Learning, 67(4), 819-857.
Task-based teaching & learning
3. Lu, S. (2011). Using Tasks Effectively to Teach Chinese as a Foreign Language to College Students in the USA. Unpublished Master thesis. NJ: Seton Hall University.
4. Du, X., & Kirkebæk, M. J. (Eds.). (2012). Exploring task-based PBL in Chinese teaching and learning. Cambridge Scholars Publishing.
K-12 curriculum and instruction
5. Ke, S. (2018, November). A survey and evaluation of K-12 Chinese textbook usage in the U.S. In Ke, S. (Chair), Liu, G., Wang, H. & Gu, Z., Curriculum Assessment for High School Level Chinese Education in the U.S. Session conducted at the 2018 ACTFL Annual Convention and World Languages Expo, Louisiana. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tATLddHmiWsl9RwdvvGpbdtGTYk9Pdvz/view?usp=sharing